Thursday, January 8, 2015

Day ( 1 )

500 dias com ela, 500 days of Summer, project, summer finn clothes, roupas Summer Finn, Summer Finn apartment, apartamento Summer Finn, 500 days of summer clothes, roupas 500 dias com ela, 500 days of summer apartment, apartamento 500 dias com ela, retrô, vintage, zooey deschanel, style

Now lets get down to the creation of the costumes! First things first, because today is January 8, the day that Tom meets Summer! (I will recreate the costumes of the movie in real-time!).

So, these are the clothes that Summer uses the first day, during a meeting in the office. Basically a gray slacks pantaloons, a white shirt and a blue butterfly brooch.

Although basic, this first look was difficult to recreate for two reasons: The brooch and the pants. The shirt I already had (and you could find it on any clothing store).

500 dias com ela, 500 days of Summer, project, summer finn clothes, roupas Summer Finn, Summer Finn apartment, apartamento Summer Finn, 500 days of summer clothes, roupas 500 dias com ela, 500 days of summer apartment, apartamento 500 dias com ela, retrô, vintage, zooey deschanel, style

The brooch was a challenge. It is a butterfly. And it's blue. I found some on Etsy, but they were overpriced and very small. I had to play the artisan and invent a way to make one. I tested with various materials, but what gave me a better result was with PET plastic from a soft drink bottle!

To paint, I used nail polish in various shades of blue and metallic blue to give the shimmering effect of butterfly wings. I finished off with a silver pen and a pin pasted on the back.

500 dias com ela, 500 days of Summer, project, summer finn clothes, roupas Summer Finn, Summer Finn apartment, apartamento Summer Finn, 500 days of summer clothes, roupas 500 dias com ela, 500 days of summer apartment, apartamento 500 dias com ela, retrô, vintage, zooey deschanel, style

It was not easy to find gray pantaloons in the summer of Brazil. The only pants I found had colorful stamps.

I managed to find similar trousers in beige. I thought "Oh, I can just paint it". Then I bought the gray paint. First try: it got all spotted. In the second try, more spotted. I decided to return it to the original color, but the pants shrunk! Argh! :-P

Luckily I found similar pants on Ebay!

500 dias com ela, 500 days of Summer, project, summer finn clothes, roupas Summer Finn, Summer Finn apartment, apartamento Summer Finn, 500 days of summer clothes, roupas 500 dias com ela, 500 days of summer apartment, apartamento 500 dias com ela, retrô, vintage, zooey deschanel, style

And the final look was like that! It seems that the pants made me even higher! hehe. I thought it was good looking, what did you think?

500 dias com ela, 500 days of Summer, project, summer finn clothes, roupas Summer Finn, Summer Finn apartment, apartamento Summer Finn, 500 days of summer clothes, roupas 500 dias com ela, 500 days of summer apartment, apartamento 500 dias com ela, retrô, vintage, zooey deschanel, style

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the visits and comments! :-D

Ila Fox