Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A little blue apartment

500 dias com ela, 500 days of Summer, project, summer finn clothes, roupas Summer Finn, Summer Finn apartment, apartamento Summer Finn, 500 days of summer clothes, roupas 500 dias com ela, 500 days of summer apartment, apartamento 500 dias com ela, retrô, vintage, zooey deschanel, style

I really enjoyed the way the apartments are shown in the movie, as an extension of the personality of the characters. Tom's apartment is contemporary and monochrome, while the Summer's apartment has a very eclectic, artistic and eastern reference. Well, I did fine arts college and love Japan so I felt at home! hehe.

Jennifer Lukehart was responsible for all set decoration work. She did a great job of choosing objects that could easily be found at the home of any of us. Nothing super refined and modern, from a decor shop. That must be why when we google for "500 days of summer apartments", there are so many inspiring links for decoration!

500 dias com ela, 500 days of Summer, project, summer finn clothes, roupas Summer Finn, Summer Finn apartment, apartamento Summer Finn, 500 days of summer clothes, roupas 500 dias com ela, 500 days of summer apartment, apartamento 500 dias com ela, retrô, vintage, zooey deschanel, style
Credit: Swel construtora

The apartment of Summer Finn it’s the Barclay, 706 South Normandie at West 7th Street, just south of Wilshire Boulevard, Koreatown.

I decided to make a floor plan of the apartment. But it was very difficult, because the scenes change so little. The bathroom doesn't even appear! :-/

So I decided to look for apartments that are that the Los Angeles area. I found the building website. They provide the plant from the apartments. They don't have the exact one from Summer, but based on what I saw, I made this one, which I think that closely approximates the movie!
500 dias com ela, 500 days of Summer, project, summer finn clothes, roupas Summer Finn, Summer Finn apartment, apartamento Summer Finn, 500 days of summer clothes, roupas 500 dias com ela, 500 days of summer apartment, apartamento 500 dias com ela, retrô, vintage, zooey deschanel, style

Ok, now that felt like an obsession, hahaha. In my defense, I have to say that these posts were written while I was lonely and bored while my husband was traveling. And as I have already written much, tomorrow I will start the posts of my project (finally!). \o/

4 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks! I will try fix it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up.
    The text in your content seem to be running off the screen in Internet explorer.
    I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to
    do with internet browser compatibility but I thought I'd post to let you know.
    The design look great though! Hope you get the problem resolved soon. Kudos

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoah this blog is wonderful i like studying your
    posts. Keep up the great work! You know, many people are looking around for this information, you could aid them greatly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the visits and comments! :-D

Ila Fox