Thursday, May 28, 2015

Wallpaper

500 dias com ela, 500 days of Summer, project, summer finn clothes, roupas Summer Finn, Summer Finn apartment, apartamento Summer Finn, 500 days of summer clothes, roupas 500 dias com ela, 500 days of summer apartment, apartamento 500 dias com ela, retrô, vintage, zooey deschanel, style, wallpaper, asian wallpaper, chinese wallpaper, blue white whitepaper, willow pattern wallpaper

The wallpaper, in my opinion, is the main element in Summer's room. It is blue and white, with an oriental illustration, displaying some houses, trees, river ...

I searched for this wallpaper all over the internet, but couldn't find anything! One day I tried the Google Goggles app, and it showed me, magically, the site where they sold that wallpaper, but unfortunately the store no longer sells that pattern .. I contacted the company, talking about my interest in buying the art, but they didn't even know who the author was. :-(

500 dias com ela, 500 days of Summer, project, summer finn clothes, roupas Summer Finn, Summer Finn apartment, apartamento Summer Finn, 500 days of summer clothes, roupas 500 dias com ela, 500 days of summer apartment, apartamento 500 dias com ela, retrô, vintage, zooey deschanel, style, wallpaper, asian wallpaper, chinese wallpaper, blue white whitepaper, willow pattern wallpaper

So I had to draw the wallpaper from scratch! It was very difficult, but it became very beautiful! In the future I will try one of these shops that make custom wallpapers, and I will order a few meters. While this is not possible, I decided to do a Photoshop to see how it would look! ;-) ;-)

500 dias com ela, 500 days of Summer, project, summer finn clothes, roupas Summer Finn, Summer Finn apartment, apartamento Summer Finn, 500 days of summer clothes, roupas 500 dias com ela, 500 days of summer apartment, apartamento 500 dias com ela, retrô, vintage, zooey deschanel, style, wallpaper, asian wallpaper, chinese wallpaper, blue white whitepaper, willow pattern wallpaper

Note: A few days later, strolling through an antique store, I came across a porcelain with the same oriental print. I found that this pattern is called "Blue Willow". It seems that the graphic tells the story of a couple who are kind of a Chinese "Romeo and Juliet", they die and become two birds. Tragically romantic.

500 dias com ela, 500 days of Summer, project, summer finn clothes, roupas Summer Finn, Summer Finn apartment, apartamento Summer Finn, 500 days of summer clothes, roupas 500 dias com ela, 500 days of summer apartment, apartamento 500 dias com ela, retrô, vintage, zooey deschanel, style, wallpaper, asian wallpaper

4 comments:

  1. Donde estan las fotos? No veo nada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's ok ... you've tried to open the site on another computer?

      Delete
    2. Yeah. I tried it again. it's better now.

      By the way, I think that what you're doing is awesome. I just found out about this movie and watched it for the first time recently. It is now my favourite movie. I started looking online to see if I could recreate some of Summer's clothes and decor, and found this place. I'm really surprised that there is still interest in this film, six years after it came out.

      Delete

Thanks for the visits and comments! :-D

Ila Fox